Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm Listening To: "Nine Lives" - Steve Winwood, 2008

Steve Winwood's release from earlier this year has been sitting in a pile of CDs on our stereo for quite some time now. I listened to my officemate's copy in our office soon after it was released, and then I guess I just forgot about it.

Last week, I took "Nine Lives" in the car with me for company during my daily commute to/from Oxford. And I remembered why I ordered my own copy of the CD after hearing Gavin's. It's very good!

I love the combinations of R&B, jazz, African and Latin influences. I especially like the sound of electronic organ in contrast with acoustic guitar. And I've always loved the sound of Winwood's voice.

Anyway, whether you like the old Spencer Davis Group sort of Winwood sound, the music of Traffic and/or Blind Faith, or some of Winwood's earlier jazz-oriented solo offerings, I'd suggest you give it a listen.

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home