Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting Reacquainted With - Funkadelic!

How long has it been since I've listened to this 1978 album by Funkadelic - "One Nation Under a Groove"?

John and I are in the midst of trying to catalog and organize our CD collections. Yes, we've been married just over 2 years and 7 months now and still haven't combined our music.

On top of a pile of my CDs in the dining room was this classic by Funkadelic. I selected it this morning, to listen to during my commute to the Oxford park and ride bus, because I figured it would help keep me alert on a horribly dark, rainy morning.

I guess it worked. At least the first track - the title track, did indeed get my head bobbing. However, what surprised me is how mellow the balance of the album is. It's really more "soul" than I had remembered. I especially like the 8th track, with the formadable name of
"P.E. Squad/Doo Doo Chasers ["Going All-the-Way-Off" Instrumental Version]".

And man, did this sound ever bring back the 70s to me!

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home