Thursday, July 17, 2008

An upcoming Ray Davies musical - "Come Dancing"

According to Digital Spy's report today, Ray Davies (of the Kinks) is working on a musical production which will be staged in London later this year. And maybe Davies will even appear in it!

Reports say that the show will be called "Come Dancing" - also the title of a popular 1982 Kinks song. (A side note: In looking up the year that "Come Dancing" was a hit single, I bumped into this Kinks discography. Take a look. It's quite an extensive, amazing list!)

Those who know anything about Davies will already know how strongly he was influenced by growing up with older sisters. He was fascinated with 1950s dancing palaces...and the young people who lived for going out to dancehalls on a Saturday night.

I'll be keeping a close watch on this story. Sadly, I have missed Davies' recent tours. But I saw the Kinks several times, in smallish venues, back in the 1970s. He's one of my favorite singer/songwriters of all time.

I'd even marry him if I hadn't already found my perfect husband! ;-)

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home