Thursday, July 10, 2008

NPR Survey - Best CDs of the First Half of 2008

NPR's "All Songs Considered" (they have terrific podcasts, by the way) recently asked their listeners to vote for their favorite CDs released during the first half of 2008. For my non-US readers, NPR is America's National Public Radio - that's the radio equivalent of TV's public television network, PBS.

I'm going to list the top 10 CDs here. You can go to the "All Songs Considered" site for the full listing.

#1 Panic! At the Disco - "Pretty. Odd."
#2 Death Cab for Cutie - "Narrow Stairs"
#3 Vampire Weekend - "Vampire Weekend"
#4 Coldplay - "Viva la Vida"
#5 Soundtrack from "Juno"
#6 Bon Iver - "For Emma, Forever Ago"
#7 The Raconteurs - "Consolers of the Lonely"
#8 Flight of the Conchords - "Flight of the Conchords"
#9 My Morning Jacket - "Evil Urges"
#10 Fleet Foxes - "Fleet Foxes"

Of the above, I concur with #2, #3, #4, and #8 (I'm especially surprised - and very pleased - that this one made the list). I'm still withholding judgement about the Fleet Foxes; I just don't know whether or not I "get" their music.

And what did I vote for? The Ting Tings' "We Started Nothing". (See my previous blog entry.)

Any comments from my readers? (Do I even have any readers?)

Janet

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Stevyn Colgan said...

Yeah ... you have at least one reader! The Ting Tings - great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home