Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Listening To: Sean Hutchinson's Still Life

While listening to London's Jazz FM on digital radio one night, I heard "Again, Again" from drummer Sean Hutchinson's new CD. It caught my attention big time. After getting the EP (it only has 6 tracks), my attention was firmly held.

Hutchinson, along with bassist Bridget Kearney and Omer Klein on keyboards, has created a great jazz vibe with a lot of texture and energy. It's an intriguing listen. All six tracks are notable, although I will admit a fondness for the first track - the one originally played by Jazz FM.

I have to add that Kearney's bass is absolutely outstanding. It's terrific to see this much mature talent in such a young woman. I can't wait to hear more of her work.

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home