Friday, April 04, 2008

Most-Ever Number One Singles...and an iPod Story

I was just reading this morning that Mariah Carey, of all people, has recently beaten out Elvis to have the most number one singles in US history. Mariah has just achieved her 18th, while Elvis had 17. I really don't mind old records like this being broken. I just wish this one had been broken by a more worthy artist.

When I think of Mariah Carey, I can't help but think of a conversation I had with my friend and haircutter Steve -- who once told me that there's only one word that comes to mind for him when he thinks of Mariah Carey. And that word is, "Why?"

For me, it takes 5 words: "I just don't get it."

One other item today...I'll provide a link to an iPod Nano shuffle-selection story that I posted this morning on my main blog, Lord Celery. Any of you who have accidentally ended up here on my seldom-used music blog might enjoy it as well!

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home